Experience winter in the mountains in a very special way - the right thing for everyone who wants to enjoy the freedom and silence of the mountains even in winter.
The slow food of winter sports is the new trend sport of snowshoeing. Light-footed you will experience the splendor and naturalness of fairytale winter landscapes in the heart of Styria. We strap on the snowshoes and head for the mountains, and in doing so, also into ourselves. Where better to experience this than in the middle of the Green Heart of Austria - in the Mur Valley in Styria.
Smiled at a few years ago, snowshoeing has now become a sport that offers people the opportunity to hike the mountains and winter forests even in winter. Away from après-ski and downhill skiing, we can experience winter up close and enjoy the snow in the great outdoors. The big advantage is that everyone who can hike is also able to hike on snowshoes. But of course there are some things to consider in order to enjoy snowshoeing: the right technique, the right choice of routes or tours and how to deal with nature.
Therefore we offer you the possibility to get to know snowshoeing in different ways in the region:
- Own taster zones for snowshoe beginners - get to know the technique of walking with snowshoes!
- Rent snowshoes - simply borrow them and test whether snowshoeing is a winter sport for you.
- Snowshoe tours - you will find tour tips for beginners to advanced and can thus hike the region in winter.
- Signposted snowshoe tours - in Hohentauern & Lobmingtal, Murtal, there are the first signposted trails for snowshoe hikers. Of course in the snowshoe color - PINK!
- Snowshoe taster days - where you will be given expert information and can also borrow snowshoes
- Snowshoe workshops - the 1x1 of snowshoeing, together with mountain guides there are lerned tips for technique, tour planning, safety and tours on the mountain.
- Guided snowshoe hikes - if you are interested in a guided tour, please ask us without obligation if there will be another tour soon and reserve a place on your favorite tour!
Questions can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by phone +43 3577 26600.